A unique opportunity to stalk deer (with a camera or rifle) in and around the dramatic mountains and the north of the island where a sustainable deer management programme maintains an abundant population of Stags, Hinds, Roe Bucks and Does, depending on the season. Skye Ghillie will coach novices and share his skills and experience with all.
- Stalking for Red and Roe deer
- Rifle familiarisation and zero before setting out
- Breath-taking locations
- Rifle(s) and ammunition included
- No experience required
- Fully insured
- Red Stags | 1st July - 20th October
- Red Hinds | 21st October - 15th February
- Roe Bucks | 1st April - 20th October
- Roe Does | 21st October - 31st March
Woodland stalks call for an early start – around daybreak – and last three to four hours. Going into the heart of the forest can be challenging, at the fringes is easier and often more productive, but a good level of fitness is required. Evenings are also a good time to stalk (three-four hours).
When available, these stalks take place around the Cuillin Mountain range, offering some incredible views over Skye. Requiring a very good level of fitness hill stalks last all day.
Need to Know
- Staking calls for an early or late start as dusk and dawn provide the best opportunities for seeing deer
- The average length of a stalk is 5 hours, depending on location
- A good level of fitness required
- Appropriate clothing must be worn, good waterproof lace-up boots, greens and browns, no solid black.
- Max 2 person per stalk
- No experience needed
- All training provided
In line with traditional Scottish stalking guidelines pricing is always:
- ‘per rifle’ i.e. each guest that carries a rifle (maximum of 2 rifles per stalk)
- per shots fired – regardless of whether a deer is dropped
Woodland & Hill
All prices are per rifle (one guest may also accompany for no additional charge).
|No shots fired||£280|
|Per shot fired||Fee|
Walk out fee of £330.00 per person will apply.
Per shot fired (walk out fee is then waived).
|No shots fired||£280|
Cameras only, still applying many of the skills of stalking but with the goal of an amazing photograph.
|Up to two persons||£280|
|Each additional guest||£50|
Against a breath-taking backdrop, Skye Ghillie will be your personal assistant, sharing skills and entertaining with his knowledge and craic. Stalking takes place mainly in the north of the island where a sustainable year-round management programme manages a healthy deer population.