Due to demand we are currently holding off taking any more bookings for deer stalking at this time. A unique opportunity to stalk deer (with a camera or rifle) in and around the dramatic mountains and the north of the island where a sustainable deer management programme maintains an abundant population of Stags, Hinds, Roe Bucks and Does, depending on the season. Skye Ghillie will coach novices and share his skills and experience with all.
- Stalking for Red and Roe deer
- Rifle familiarisation and zero before setting out
- Breath-taking locations
- Rifle(s) and ammunition included
- No experience required
- Fully insured
- Red Stags | 1st July - 20th October
- Red Hinds | 21st October - 15th February
- Roe Bucks | 1st April - 20th October
- Roe Does | 21st October - 31st March
Woodland and hill Stalks
Stalking can call for an early start – around daybreak – depending on time of year, and can last from three to six hours. Going onto the hill can be challenging, a good level of fitness is required. Evenings are also a good time to stalk (three-four hours).
Need to Know
- Staking calls for an early or late start as dusk and dawn provide the best opportunities for seeing deer
- The average length of a stalk is 5 hours, depending on location
- A good level of fitness required
- Appropriate clothing must be worn, good waterproof lace-up boots, greens and browns, no solid black.
- Max 2 person per stalk
- No experience needed
- All training given
In line with traditional Scottish stalking guidelines pricing is always:
- ‘per rifle’ i.e. each guest that carries a rifle (maximum of 2 rifles per stalk)
- per shots fired – regardless of whether a deer is dropped.
- The walk out fee £300 is incorporated into the price of a beast for example; if a stag is shot the full rate is £500 and not £800
Woodland & Hill
All prices are per rifle (one guest may also accompany for no additional charge).
|walk out fee||£300|
|Per shot fired||Fee|
Cameras only, still applying many of the skills of stalking but with the goal of an amazing photograph.
|Up to two persons||£280|
|Each additional guest||£50|
Against a breath-taking backdrop, Skye Ghillie will be your personal assistant, sharing skills and entertaining with his knowledge and craic. Stalking takes place mainly in the north of the island where a sustainable year-round management programme manages a healthy deer population.